17TH ANNUAL HALTON ECO FESTIVAL
An Environmental Fair for Healthy Living, Biodiversity and a Sustainable Future
at the Glen Abbey Community Centre, 1415 Third Line, Oakville, L6M 3G2
Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 10am to 4pm
Organized by the:
Oakville Community Centre for Peace, Ecology and Human Rights (OCCPEHR),
P.O. Box 52007, Oakville, ON L6J 7N5, (905) 849-5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, January 7, 2017
Register today for the 17th annual Halton Eco Festival. This exciting, not-to-be-missed event will take place on Saturday, April 29 from 10am to 4pm at the Glen Abbey Community Centre which also houses a gymnasium, swimming pool and library.
The Halton Eco Festival is one of Ontario’s longest-running environmental fairs and a premiere event in our community each year. This well attended show attracted 1,400 visitors last spring.
The 2017 Halton Eco Festival features sponsors and exhibitors set up with displays in spacious booths at the Glen Abbey Community Centre on Third Line in Oakville; it is just south of Upper Middle Road and only 2 kilometres north of the QEW.
Local environmental groups, governmental departments, healthcare operators and businesses with products, services and campaigns that benefit the environment and promote sustainable living are highlighted at the Halton Eco Festival.
THERE ARE MANY REASONS TO REGISTER AS A SPONSOR OR EXHIBITOR
We organize this environmental fair in order to bring the community together while promoting healthy living, biodiversity and a sustainable future. A few of the many reasons to participate include:
– To bring environmental issues and solutions to environmental problems directly to people living in Halton Region.
– To shine a light on Halton’s environmental groups, eco businesses and governmental eco initiatives.
– To highlight the opportunities available in the community to participate in making a difference.
– To demonstrate that all of society is responsible for protecting the environment.
– To encourage more involvement and participation of Halton citizens in supporting local groups and businesses.
– To encourage more awareness of what can be done to become a more environmentally-friendly community.
– To gain new volunteers, customers and donors.
The Halton Eco Festival offers our visitors an interactive, informative and fun event that showcases a wide-range of eco-friendly products, services and campaigns. Sponsors and exhibitors help people to choose healthy, sustainable options for themselves and their families.
The Halton Eco Festival also will help you to generate leads, demonstrate and sell products and services, create brand awareness and raise your profile in Canada’s most affluent region.
The event receives extensive media attention, generates a lot of positive energy and contributes to the development of a greater environmental consciousness throughout Halton Region (Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville).
People will discover you before and after the event. All sponsors and exhibitors receive a free listing on our website; your participation will be noted in our extensively distributed outreach materials and in select media releases; contact information for your organization also will be circulated in an event programme.
We encourage you to network with other organizations in attendance; many new initiatives have emerged after getting connected with others at the Halton Eco Festival.
Take advantage of one of the best available local opportunities to meet people who are looking for ways to live a more healthy life, want to reduce their environmental impact, are becoming more actively involved in defining their communities and aspire to live in a more sustainable world that greatly values biodiversity.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2017 HALTON ECO FESTIVAL
1. Educational booths staffed by knowledgeable representatives.
2. Live presentations of snakes to promote the issue of biodiversity.
3. Guest speakers discuss environmental and health issues.
4. Eco cafe food and beverage booth.
5. Yoga demonstrations.
6. Door prizes and hourly free giveaways.
7. Play Eco Jeopardy!
8. A waste-free event.
9. SOMETHING NEW: An On-site Eco Tour of Sponsors and Exhibitors!
The new Halton Eco Festival Eco Tour will feature a walk/talk tour of the arena with groups of 30 to 50 visitors led by an event representative. Tours will commence on the hour throughout the day.
A description of the new Eco Tour:
– There are six areas of presentation including local environmental groups, local governmental initiatives, local businesses, silent auction, children’s features, and refreshments/snacks.
– Visitors will be greeted by an OCCPEHR representative; in the same welcoming area, we have invited Halton Green Screens to show short films and documentaries and serve popcorn!
– The Eco Tour is one-hour long. 15 minutes are accorded for local environmental groups, 15 minutes for local governmental initiatives, 25 minutes for local businesses with environmental products or services, and 5 minutes to introduce the Silent Auction and its donating organizations.
– After the eco tour is over, visitors are welcome to stay as long as they want while visiting booths with activities for kids, again looking at all of the gifts they can bid on at the silent auction, eating at the eco cafe, watching some more videos with Halton Green Screens, and returning to get more information from all of the sponsors and exhibitors at their booths.
Register today as a sponsor or exhibitor! We look forward to publicizing your organization before, after and at the 2017 Halton Eco Festival.
Stephen Dankowich, Show Manager