Safety is our #1 concern at the Clean Up:
* Always have safety on your mind when doing the clean up.
* Garbage bags and work gloves are provided.
* Be extremely careful when picking up dangerous items like
broken glass, discarded needles or jagged metal pieces.
* Do not carry heavy or bulky items by yourself.
* Do not clean up along the sides of roads or around parked cars.
* Place all collected garbage in a pile by the curb at your site.
* New garbage collection sites can be set-up today if a lot of garbage is found in some area away from the sign-in area for this location. Leave it there by the curb and notify the coordinator of it so that the garbage truck can be directed to pick it up this afternoon.
* Try to work as a team or in pairs to assist each other as required.
* Pick-up sticks are available for use by seniors and others; please note however that they are not that sturdy and should not be used to try and pick up heavier items. They are good for reaching into bushes with brambles and retrieving plastic bags caught in a tree.
HAPPY EARTH DAY!
MAKE EVERY DAY AN EARTH DAY.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!