Safety is our #1 concern at the Clean Up:
* Always have safety on your mind when doing the clean up.
* Garbage bags and work gloves are provided.
* Be extremely careful when picking up dangerous items like
broken glass, discarded needles or jagged metal pieces.
* Do not carry heavy or bulky items by yourself.
* Do not clean up along the sides of roads or around parked cars.
* Place all collected garbage in a pile by the curb at your site.
* New garbage collection sites can be set-up today if a lot of garbage is found in some area away from the sign-in area for this location. Leave it there by the curb and notify the coordinator of it so that the garbage truck can be directed to pick it up this afternoon.
* Try to work as a team or in pairs to assist each other as required.
* Pick-up sticks are available for use by seniors and others; please note however that they are not that sturdy and should not be used to try and pick up heavier items. They are good for reaching into bushes with brambles and retrieving plastic bags caught in a tree. HAPPY EARTH DAY! MAKE EVERY DAY AN EARTH DAY.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Posted inNews|Comments Off on Safety is our #1 concern at the Clean Up
26 Years of Sponsorship
• Appleby College
• Women of Halton Action Movement 25 Years of Sponsorship
• Budds’ Imported Cars 24 Years of Sponsorship
• Oakville Glass & Mirror 22 Years of Sponsorship
• Anglican Church of the Incarnation
• Dr. Elliott Ber-Dentist
• Friends of Bronte Creek Park
• That Pie Place
• The Classic Tile Centre
• Trafalgar Presbyterian Church 21 Years of Sponsorship
• Conservation Halton
• Core 1
• Ein Stein Brew House
• Halton Region Waste Management
• Oakville Fish and Chips
• Oakville Vacuum
• Progenic Dental Lab
• Ratelle Communications
• SAVIS of Halton
• St. Simon’s Anglican Church 20 Years of Sponsorship
• Clearview Oakville Community Alliance
• Sobeys at Abbey Plaza+Bronte Village+Maple Grove Village 18 Years of Sponsorship
• Dr. Aliki Iordanidis-Dentist 17 Years of Sponsorship
• Brock’s General Contracting
• Carstar Oakville
• South Peel Naturalists’ Club
• Staples Business Depot 15 Years of Sponsorship
• Bebe Nails and Spa
• Councillor Tom Adams
• Hasty Market-Upper Oakville
• M For Men
• Naftolin family
• Oakville Blueprinting & Copying
• Oakville Cycle and Sports
• Pitch-In Canada
• Seasons Restaurant
• Starbucks at Dorval Crossing East
• Way Cool Tattoos Oakville 14 Years of Sponsorship
• Dearcroft Montessori School
• Kopriva Taylor Funeral Home
• Remax Broker George Kloet
• West River Residents Association 12 Years of Sponsorship
• St. Jude’s Anglican Church
• Town of Oakville-Parks & Open Space 10 Years of Sponsorship
• Boyle Chiropractic and Wellness Centre 8 Years of Sponsorship
• Real Canadian Superstore 7 Years of Sponsorship
• Joshua Creek Public School 6 Years of Sponsorship
• MPP Kevin Flynn-Oakville
• Remax Broker Paul Butler 5 Years of Sponsorship
• Invision Optical
• West Harbours Residents Association 3 Years of Sponsorship
• Ehl Harrison Consulting
• Panago Pizza 2 Years of Sponsorship
• Al Falah Islamic Centre
• Simply Green Baby
• The Dar Foundation 21 New Sponsors in 2018 !!!
• Bark & Fitz Oakville North
• Berna Hair Salon
• Casa Romana Sweets Boutique
• Cobs Bread-Upper Oakville
• English Bay Fish & Chips
• Film.ca Cinemas
• Global Pet Foods
• Joshua Creek Residents Association
• Mastermind Toys
• Metro-Upper Oakville
• Oakville Lakeside Residents Association
• Oko Bagels
• Oracle Eyewear
• Palma Pasta
• Pizza Pizza-Upper Oakville
• Royal Lepage sales rep George Niblock
• Starbucks-Shoppes on Dundas
• Starbucks-Upper Oakville
• The UPS Store-Upper Oakville
• Think Refill
• Town Gate Cleaners
• Turtle Jack’s Muskoka Grill WE COULD’NT DO IT WITHOUT YOU!
Posted inNews|Comments Off on Sponsors of the 2018 Earth Week Clean Up